Our Client is a leading defence organisation. They are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. They partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £43,000 depending on experience
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as 2-3 day in the office a week.
A number of opportunities have arisen in the transforming Technical Publications department within the company. The purpose of these roles are to analyse, develop and deliver the Technical Publications for a complex portfolio of products across the Air, Land and Sea domains.
You will be placed at the forefront of engineering documentation where they will work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
What we’re looking for
- Authoring specialists to support and develop complex engineering descriptive and procedural documentation.
- Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- You will need to be familiar in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and Guidance Documents, a CSDB (Common Source Data Base) environment and the associated reports.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- You may be required to be involved in demonstration or process proving activities at an alternative MBDA site or the Customer’s location, in the UK or overseas.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. They are committed to growing and supporting diversity in the workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of the business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!