Our Client is a leading defence organisation. They are proud of the role they play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. They partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary/Level: Up to 50K depending on experience.
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern:
Where possible, they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Discover a world of innovation….we are currently looking for a Platform Data Link Terminal (PDLT) System Engineer who is passionate about technology and eager to be a part of delivering cutting-edge radio-frequency sub-systems for various platforms, including land, sea, and air within a complex weapon systems environment.
As a PDLT System Engineer, you will work in a multidisciplinary team across the whole systems engineering integration and development. Your role will be diverse, exciting, and rewarding, involving:
- Requirement analysis, validation, and verification as part of the system engineering activities.
- Ensuring product delivery (hardware and software), and managing build standard certification.
- Utilising IBM DOORS and applying Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques with IBM Rhapsody for the specification of updates to PDLT design, requirements, and test cases. (Don't worry, they've got you covered with training and development support).
- Creating and reviewing engineering documentation.
- Supporting various datalink terminal and network communication programmes at different stages of maturity.
- Collaborating with project managers/planners for updating plans and forecasting spend/labour.
- Leading work packages within a small team, giving you a clear path and opportunities for career progression.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A strong understanding of the system engineering process (including system specification, system integration, and test and qualification).
- Proven experience in product delivery and hardware and software configuration management.
- Ability to lead and coordinate across multiple functional domains such as software, hardware, modelling, and test.
- Proactive approach, eagerness to learn new tools and processes, and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to support export, new business, and research activities when required.
- Outstanding communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Team player approach and positive collaborative behaviours.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent.
- An understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration, Requirement Management).
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably with Rhapsody.
- Prior experience in the Defence domain.
"Sounds like the role for you? Apply now for this great opportunity to join an exciting project!".
They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. They are committed to growing and supporting diversity in the workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.