Our Client is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. They partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £55,000 dependent on experience
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, with a typical week having 3-5 days on site depending on the stage of the product development
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a team that that develops and delivers Mission Planning systems, a key sub-system of a Deep Strike weapon system, to an Export Customer Base.
Join a dedicated systems team, becoming an integral part in supporting the delivery of the current Mission Planning & Control products programmes and supporting securing and delivering future programmes.
Work across a large range of the product lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities as well as supporting the products as they go into service.
Work closely with many internal and external partners, which the successful candidate would have the opportunity to participate in.
The successful candidate will join the team to develop their knowledge of the products, programmes and the business with a timely transition to be a technical lead/work package lead (typically managing a small team) for one of their Export programmes.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You will be able to competently develop and manage a small group of engineers on a day to day basis and ensure suitable planning is undertaken to maintain project progress and deliver on time and on cost.
- Great communication skills, with a strong desire to build effective relationships and work collaboratively.
- Strong systems engineering background with an appreciation for considerations across the full lifecycle.
- Systems engineering practitioner with proven record working with requirements and design in a hierarchical and traceable structure under configuration control.
- Ability to learn rapidly and understand highly complex problems.
- Proficiency with;
- DOORS NG (Classic acceptable)
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (formerly Rational Team Concert)
- Experience or understanding of how Model Based Systems Engineering can be utilised within the lifecycle and an ability to understand SysML would be of significant benefit.
They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. They are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
They recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process. They also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of the business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!