Our Client is a leading defence organisation. They are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. they partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £42,000 (dependent on experience)
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern:
Where possible, they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. Typically this role will require 3-5 days on site per week, with temporary deviations from this to be agreed with your Line Manager.
Join a dedicated and rapidly expanding systems team, becoming an integral part in delivering the Mission Planning & Control products for FC/ASW TP15 – a highly complex and critical weapon system providing both future cruise and anti-ship capabilities across UK and international partners.
You will be working as a systems engineer, providing flexible contributions to the requirements and design definition across one or more of the Mission Planning & Control product suites. This will be performed within an Agile framework utilising up to date engineering toolsets (DOORS NG, Rhapsody, EWM etc.) and involve significant partner engagement across the multi-functional weapon system team.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong systems engineering background with an appreciation for considerations across the full lifecycle.
- Systems engineering practitioner with proven record working with requirements and design in a hierarchical and traceable structure under configuration control.
- Ability to learn rapidly and understand highly complex problems.
- Proficiency with;
- DOORS NG (Classic acceptable)
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (formerly Rational Team Concert)
- Experience or understanding of how Model Based Systems Engineering can be utilised within the lifecycle and an ability to understand SysML would be of significant benefit.
They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. they are committed to growing and supporting diversity in the workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of the business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.