Job Title: Weapons Trainer
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire
Compensation: £34,814 rising to £37,223 once qualified + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49412
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Weapons Trainer at our Lyneham site.The role
As a Weapons Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be working within the existing training team and delivering high quality military apprentice training.
Day to day, you will be carrying out engineering work on weapons which will include stripping, assembling and diagnosing faults as well as maintenance of weapons. As part of the role you will be given teacher training and will gain a level 4 certification.
Within this role, you will be working as part of a highly motivated team, in a job that offers the highest level of job satisfaction along with an excellent work life balance.
Essential experience of the Weapons Trainer:
- Prepare relevant training material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Weapons Training and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment ensuring that lesson plans are training sessions are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP)
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or training delays are flagged to the Lead Trainer (LT). Delivery of remedial training and revision as necessary
- Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers, Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments. Invigilation of examination and assessments
- Considerable experience in engineering - good craft/technical skills
- PC literate with PowerPoint and Word
This is a full time role based on site at MOD Lyneham.Qualifications for the Weapons Trainer:
- Level 3 engineering qualification OR significant experience with weapons
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this roleOur Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 27/09/23Job Segment:
Curriculum, CSR, Engineer, Training, Education, Management, Engineering