Our Client is a leading defence organisation. They are proud of the role they play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. They partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: (up to £62K dependent on experience)
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to 21% (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working!
- You will be leading a team of System Performance Engineers who provide performance prediction and analysis expertise to major defence programmes, developing the latest Complex Weapons capabilities for the UK Armed Forces in response to advanced threats in all domains (Air, Land, Sea).
- Expect assignment to concept, assessment or demonstration phase contracts, covering one of the new product lines or existing product lines being used in front line operations.
- System Performance is an essential part of the system design and a key indicator as to whether the design is suitable.
- As the Lead Engineer you will be managing the team in terms of their development, following company processes, their appraisals, feedback and recruitment to the team.
- The System Performance Lead Engineer will:
- Manage the team to plan and conduct technical studies into missile performance, using complex mathematical models, to help the project understand key system design choices or to estimate key performance indicators such as range and terminal accuracy, among others
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with SMEs in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Report performance data in a clear and concise way in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Regular engagement with MOD and their external agencies, as well as service personnel using the product line
What we’re looking for from you:
- Systems engineering experience in a system performance and analytical domain
- Experience in technical leadership of a team to deliver their objectives
- If you have enthusiasm for any of the following, please apply:
- Managing a team of System Performance Engineers, to use mathematical models to assess system behaviour, and to analyse data using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Capturing and presenting technical data in a clear and concise for expert and non-expert audiences
- Exposure to the physical principles of aerodynamics, propulsion, guidance and control
- Engaging with the end user who is using the product line
The Business: They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. They are committed to growing and supporting diversity in the workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.