Job Title: Service Desk Shift Analyst
Compensation: £30,232 & Overtime & Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53185
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Service Desk Shift Analyst at our Portsmouth site.The role
As a Service Desk Shift Analyst, you'll be supporting and providing an excellent 1st line support service for all software, hardware, and network issues to our customers, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.Training Available
We are committed to developing your career within Babcock International which is why we provide onboarding training for 4-6 weeks with an aim to provide you an understanding of the systems, processes and requirements for the role. In addition to this, further training outside the standard requirements can be provided to further develop your interest in specialised areas after 6 months.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for answering calls, chats and service requests received to the Service Desk to the required standards.
Essential experience of the Service Desk Shift Analyst:
- Capturing all interactions into our ticketing system.
- Providing excellent customer service via all reporting/contact channels.
- Escalate when appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service.
- Additional administration duties to support our 2nd line/3rd line teams.
- To participate in a 12 x 7 shift rota covering a 4 on, 4 off working pattern.
- To complete a variety of checks and monitoring activities on Babcock Infrastructure throughout the shift and as directed by the Shift Senior.
- Customer service experience (face to face/over the phone)
- Previous service desk experience at an entry level or call centre experience
- Experience using any form of ticketing system that captures customer information
- Experience with systems such as Active Directory and Microsoft Applications
- An interest or strong passion for IT
This role requires you to work 44 hours a week on average in a 4 on, 4 off shift patterns based in our Lakeside office in Portsmouth. (Monday - Friday at our Lakeside site in Portsmouth, weekends and most bank holidays at home).
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS and SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
CSR, Entry Level, Management