Corps Security is the leading specialist security solutions provider and is one of the most respected companies in the UK market.
Since our establishment in 1859, Corps Security has been committed to treating its people well, and this means we offer some of the most attractive pay and benefits in the industry and have some of the best staff retention levels.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to be based at one of our prestigious client's premises.
The ability to manage the security team in providing an efficient, flexible and motivated team is pivotal to the success of this role. Job purpose:
To protect the property, staff, and occupants of the Royal Opera House by providing a 24/7 supervisory presence and supporting the Duty Shift Manager with managing the day-to-day activities of all site based Corps Security staff. Role requirements:
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Previous Security Supervisory experience - desirable
- A frontline Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required for the role.
- Intermediate level PC Skills (MS Office)
- 5 year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards - BS7858
- Full UK Driving License and own vehicle or reliable transport
- Supporting the day-to-day management of security staff, ensuring the team operates consistently and conduct themselves in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the expected standards of their respective shift team are not only met but driven to exceed by way of a proactive management approach.
- Conducting periodic post visits throughout each shift to ensure all Security Officers on their respective shift team and carrying out their duties as expected.
- Act as first responder and ensure the Duty Shift Manager, Security Operations Manager / Royal Opera House client are advised of any security-related incident within the contracted response times.
- Incident management, co-ordination and escalation ensuring clear communication and accurate details are provided throughout.
- Support the management and coordination of emergency building evacuations and re-occupation in conjunction with the Duty Shift Manager and the Security Operations Manager (in hours), key Royal Opera House stakeholders, and support services, directing building occupants as per current evacuation procedures.
- Support the Duty Shift Manager with the investigation and re-activate purposes using Microsoft applications tools such as Excel. Ensuring all finding are presented to the high standard expected by the Duty Shift Manager, Operations Manager and the Royal Opera House client in the format required.
Please note: These are they key elements of the role and you will be required to carry out other dutiesCompany benefits:
Corps Security also offers a range of industry leading benefits, including:
- Company sick pay scheme
- Accrued Holiday
- Paid SIA license renewals
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to high staff discounts & rewards scheme
- Access to private healthcare plans
- Excellent pension scheme
- Death in Service x3 salary
- Award winning training opportunity
- Recruitment bonus scheme
- New business lead scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Diversity is important to Corps Security, we believe that each individual has unique talents to contribute to the business. We believe that creating an inclusive environment in which individuals are valued is fundamental to our business success and we are committed to working towards achieving this.
Corps Security adheres to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities ("EEO") benefits both the Company and its employees. EEO assists employees to develop to their full employment potential while the Company benefits from having a diverse and enthusiastic workforce.
Corps Security is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Under the current data protection legislation, we are required to notify you, as a candidate for employment with Corps Security, of certain information. Please go to our website www.corpssecurity.co.uk - 'career' section and familiarise yourself with the Privacy Notice (Recruitment). Please ensure you are happy with the content, before applying for one for our jobs.