Avanti offers a suite of connectivity products via its fleet of high throughput satellites. Over the past years, the
company is focusing on market segments covering Telecom Carriers, Government (incl. Defence), Education,
Maritime and Aero services (in partnership with Satellite industry peers).
Our connectivity solutions have evolved from best endeavour broadband to high performing enterprise capabilities.
Avanti Market success is dependent on continuous solution refinement, high performance connectivity, ease of doing
business and competitive pricing.
Network Engineering team manages a suite of partner technologies covering Juniper, Sandvine and Fortinet. As a
Principal Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the full engineering lifecycle – supporting strategy, engineering
design, implementation plans, engineering audits, continuous service improvement, and level 3 operational support.
You will also play a key role in helping resolve Priority 1 Network incidents and support the Services NoC in managing
restoration of customer services. Technology Operations is 24x7, level 3 specialists are expected to step in to resolve
major incident and sometimes outside of normal office hours.
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will take a leadership role in driving special initiatives, organising tasks across
the teams and providing specialist support. Using your additional experience in the field, you will undertake a pivotal
role in delivering new solutions by working closely with multi areas of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Act as a Technical Centre of Excellence for Network technology – Juniper, Sandvine and Fortinet
• Partner with System Engineering to design/plan new solutions, technology roadmaps and projects
• Providing Level 3 technical expertise to resolve complex platform and customer experience issues
• Design and build innovative monitoring and maintenance procedures for institutionalised operations
• Drive engineering audits to ensure compliance to design considerations and golden parameters
• Design continual service improvement measures for Network infrastructure management
• Conduct engineering analysis to improve service efficiency for optimum use of Network resources
• Lead complex engineering pilots and trials with customers
• Oversee all major incidents RCA, customer reports and knowledge artefacts
• Leverage and manage engineering labs for RCAs, new solutions, and new technology integration
• Custodian of the Network Data Model and Network design authority for Avanti CMDB
• Grow team capabilities by providing leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members
Skills & Qualifications
• Engineering Degree or equivalent with 10+ years of telecoms experience
• 3+ years L3 specialist experience with Network Tech OEMs or Satellite Operators
• 5+ years of experience in running Network technology operations
• Strong understanding of e2e satellite communications engineering – from RF chain to networking
• Demonstrable leadership experience in managing technology partners and customers
• Network Operations Centre (NOC) experience within a Satellite communications or Telecoms environment
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of network engineering tolls, LAN/WAN technologies, Internet protocols and applications
• Strong competency to handle both strategic and operational topics
• Strong cross-functional stakeholder management & result orientated account management skills.
• Strong knowledge of telecom architecture, e2e customer operations processes, delivery through BSS/OSS and Enterprise technology landscape.
• Understanding of Operations Centres, Terminals, Network, Network and Gateway technologies – HP,
iDirect, Newtec, Gilat, Hughes, Juniper, Sandvine, Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, Parallel Wireless
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/