Job Title: Principal BIM & Digital Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £53,020 - £66,000 dependent on experience
Role Type: Full time / FTC 52 weeks.
Role ID: SF53219
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal BIM & Digital Engineer at our Devonport site.The role
As a Principal BIM & Digital Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you'll support Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) in terms of information management, BIM, and digital delivery.
Day to day, you'll be accountable to the BIM & Digital Engineer Lead and support the BIM lead:
- Contribute to the strategy and implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for the Major Infrastructure Projects programme.
- Provide BIM support within the core engineering team.
- Provide support and leadership to projects and ensuring consistency in the way MIP and the wider DRDL delivers BIM.
The role is mainly remote working but you must have the ability to work on site, as and when required. Fixed term contract of 52 weeks.Essential experience of the Principal BIM & Digital Engineer:
Qualifications for the Principal BIM & Digital Engineer:
- Must have a Design and Construction experience background i.e. civil, structural, architectural and MEP or similar.
- Should have knowledge of ISO 19650 standards
- Should have significant design and construction experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle
- Must have a minimum HNC, degree or diploma.
- Professional chartership with a recognised industry institute.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Job Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Construction, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management