Location - Central London
This role is a shift based position which will require the candidate to work on a 4 shifts on, 4 off rotation. These shifts will rotate between, days and nights for example:
2 days 07:00 - 19:00, followed by 2 nights 19:00 - 07:00, 4 days off
What you get in return:
5% employer pension
Opportunity for personal development and progression within the organisation
Overtime available to boost your earnings
- Responsible to a Shift Leader for undertaking electrical/mechanical works on a wide range of building services reactive and planned maintenance throughout the London Estate. The work is undertaken on a shift basis to ensure 24hr cover for the London Estate. All shift teams to be complementary with balance of electrical and mechanical support across the sites
- To carryout duties in compliance with Company Engineering Services Policies and Procedures
- To perform tasks in a professional manner to a suitable standard to meet both Client and Company expectations
- To ensure that so far as is reasonably practicable Our Client reacts efficiently and effectively in line with client SLA's and KPI's
- Customer focused service.
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Able to carry out planned and corrective maintenance works.
- Able to produce accurate reports on works carried out.
- Able to carry out testing/rewiring/installation works to 18th Edition IEE Regs.
- Able to use diagnostic equipment and work from technical manuals and drawings.
- Able to work off ladders and at heights.
- Able to identify visual plant defects, warning lights and indicators.
- Able to monitor and record plant performance.
- Proactive involvement in the ongoing technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate.
- Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity to ensure CAFM database is correctly updated.
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed by the Lead Technician, whilst ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM's and reactive work to SLA.
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the sites.
- Competent in operation of building services plant and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of building services and proficient in maintenance of:
- Power, distribution and switching
- Motors controls
- Lighting systems
- Stand by generators
- Electrical test procedures and certification
- Controls systems
- Inverter operation and design
- Fire alarm/PA systems.
- Understanding of health and safety issue relating to own work and site.
- City & Guilds craft certificate/ONC etc.
- Recognised craft apprenticeship
- Training certificate to IEE 18th Edition
- Training courses appropriate to work area.
- Two years post apprenticeship experience in similar role.
- Comprehensive understanding of Building Services.
- C&G 2391 or equivalent desirable
- Full in depth, intrusive security checks to be completed for successful candidate
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Please apply with CV, stating your earliest availability.