Job Title: Materials Support Officer - Supply Chain
Location: Donnington, Telford
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53055
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Materials Support Officer at our Donnington site.The role
As a Materials Support Officer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll support delivery projects by conducting analytical and transactional activity to understand and coordinate project material requirements and forecasts in order to enable the project.
Day to day, you'll participate in early identification of material risk either through effective communication with operational managers or through data analysis, escalating to the enablement managers and delivery teams where the plan cannot be met and a compliant KPI service to the customer is at risk.
- Respond to material shortages, emergent work & critical items through interrogation of various business systems available; sharing requirements with engineering, procurement& workshop purchasing teams to create, source, & mitigate against production order demands
- Participate in the "New Item Creation" process, setting up new items with known supply route and mitigating with relevant departments where the sourcing of items directly affects delivery and may result in KPI failure
- Run relevant business reports to monitor material availability in support of the enablement identifying where items remain outstanding and have not been delivered resulting in risk to the programme or present a risk to the project
- Support project and business risk monitoring by reporting on inventory levels associated with key projects
This is a full time, hybrid role based in Donnington - on-site three days a week but can be flexible.Essential experience of the Materials Support Officer :
Qualifications for the Materials Support Officer:
- Experience of supply chain management
- Ability to manage priorities and fulfil time-critical tasks within deadlines
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail essential
- Excellent written and verbal communion
- High level of IT / Computer literacy (in particular MS Excel)
We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over century, Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 12/09/2023#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
CSR, Engineer, Management, Engineering