To lead and manage the day-to-day activities of the dedicated BAU technical support team focussed on supporting the end user estate in a complex, multi-networked, Wintel environment where customer satisfaction is key. Whilst currently there are no direct line management responsibilities this may later become a responsibility of this role.
Security Clearance (or the willingness to go through the process) will be required for this role.
Skills and experience:
- Provide technical leadership and act as a functional escalation point for the Technical Services team in terms of ticket resolution, next steps, mentoring and guidance to ensure prompt progression of assigned tickets and other activity
- Day to day direction of the T3 team in terms of Incident and Request ITSM ticket management, ensuring regular and timely updates in line with strict SLAs
- Support and drive the team in prioritising and successfully delivering non-ticketed workload
- Supporting technical escalations from the customer or 3rd party suppliers and participating in major incident management activities
- Directly interact with clients, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective response to incidents, requests and small project activities
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident
- Supporting the Management team in addressing and correcting any underperformance of the team
- Ensure that security is treated as a priority. Report and act upon any security issues or breaches
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, adhering to all service management principles.
- Track, record and actively monitor a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Good overall experience in one or more specific areas e.g. desktop imaging, SCCM builds and deployments, Group Policy Management, MS teams support, PowerShell
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers, ensuring all relationships are conducted in a professional manner;
- Ability to act as technical mentor to lead and offer support and direction to team members and the customer
- Able to produce detailed reporting both ad-hoc and regularly
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Good overall technical background
- Technical knowledge across multiple domains including Active directory, Microsoft SCCM, ITSM tools
Why should you apply?
About The Company
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working & core hours in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
Our Client is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and they help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. They are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. They are a global company that is passionate about IT and where they look to simplify the complex.
They are an equal opportunities employer
Our Client is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.