Excellent Salary plus large company benefits, a broad flexible benefits scheme, and 2 paid-for volunteering days a year
Hours: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm Monday – Friday. plus on Call rota.
Why Our Client?
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working & core hours in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
- Attend a range of customer sites to provide high quality support on IT hardware and software products, within the required SLAs
- Work efficiently and proactively to deliver IT support services to a wide portfolio of customers
- Using your strong Technical and Customer Service skills, you will ensure that customer issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner
- Become a trusted adviser to the customer across a range of technical areas
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience of supporting a range of PC, Laptop, Printer technologies within a site or field environment.
- Pride yourself on delivering the highest quality service to the customer.
- Relish the prospect of the opportunities to train in new technologies and services
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Have strong communications skills and be a strong team player
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- As you will be sometimes working alongside our colleagues in the UK Public Sector, you will be required to attain Security Clearance without conditions or caveats
About The Company
Our Client is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and they help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. they are a business where innovation is greater as they combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. They are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
They are an equal opportunities employer
Our Client is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.