Our Client is a leading defence organisation. They are proud of the role they play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. They partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £50,000pa depending on experience
What they can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 2 to 3 days per week on site.
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
A varied role that consists of a mix of functional testing, equipment qualification and acceptance, plus problem identification and resolution. An opportunity to get hands-on experience of real equipment, and support demonstration of capability across sites in the UK and abroad.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing Integration and Systems Validation team supporting the Land Ceptor project with Ground Based Trials activities for a large export programme.
The role will include planning and conduct of full system testing of development and deliverable launchers including supporting offsite trials both in the UK and overseas.
What we’re looking for
- An enthusiastic engineer with experience of planning and conducting both physical and functional based test activities, ideally on defence related products
- Knowledge of Design Proving, Design Verification, System Integration and System Acceptance would be highly beneficial
- Experience working within, and/or leading small teams conducting test activities with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work for periods at trial sites both in the UK and overseas.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great opportunity to become a member of an expanding team delivering key aspects of the latest generation of GBAD system programmes
- Involvement in high profile activities, interfacing with the end Customer and User teams
- The role will provide a good platform to develop solutions to complex technical problems and broaden Systems Design skills
- The role will also enable the successful candidate to take ownership of specific tasks, lead teams and activities, providing a basis for career progression
Join a great team!
The Land Ceptor team has successfully delivered a great product to the UK MoD. Now there is an opportunity to join the team as it moves forward to creating a world leading system to other countries, and evolve the product to meet new challenges.
They respect new perspectives and experiences, and they value our collaborative ways of working. They are committed to growing and supporting diversity in the workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
They recognise that everyone is unique, and they encourage you to speak to them should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process. They also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of their business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.