Job Title: Fabricator Welder
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK
Compensation: £34,522 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53202
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Fabricator Welder at our Clyde - Faslane site.The role
As an Fabricator Welder you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll play an integral role ensuring the serviceability of submarines and surface ships through detailed maintenance, repairs and refit periods.
Day to day, you'll undertake light to heavy fabrication and structural activities, utilising your skill set determining the best way to investigate, rectify and repair faults. You will also understand plans, drawings, procedures and standards when manufacturing, repairing or altering any system.
- Completion of all Engineering Support work packages to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business and the continued availability and performance of HMNB Clyde Submarines, Surface Ships and the Infrastructure Estate.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with current legislation and site processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
- Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies.
This role is full-time and based onsite at Clyde - Faslane, Helensburgh.Essential experience of the Fabricator Welder:
Qualifications for the Fabricator Welder:
- Previous experience of carrying out light and medium fabrication/plater activities, experience of burning, welding and drilling is required ideally gained in an engineering environment.
- You must be competent in operating power tools and workshop machinery. It is also important that you are comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces and working over water.
- Previous experience of working with maintenance technical instructions and acceptance standards would be an advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a focus on producing high-quality work to meet rigorous acceptance standards.
- Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
- Recognised Fabrication/Plater Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in a Fabrication/Plater discipline with industry experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 12/09/2023
Nuclear Engineering, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management