Job Title: Engineering Design Manager
Compensation: £45,000 - £55,000Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43124
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Engineering Design Manager at our Devonport site.The role
As an Engineering Design Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you will be significant in managing the delivery of assigned single, and multi-discipline, design projects to the required scope, quality standards, schedule and cost in support of modifications and upgrades to Devonport's infrastructure.
Day to day, you'll utilise your experience and competence to integrate with a multidisciplinary organisation acting as the single point of technical contact for all stakeholders, including our external supply chain.
- Be involved with a diverse range of infrastructure projects to operate, maintain, and enhance the capability of the Naval Base.
- Be responsible for managing the technical elements of projects to enable desired outcomes by assessing user and safety requirements as well as reporting progress to the Engineering Delivery Manager.
This role is based onsite at Devonport Royal Dockyard.Qualifications for the Engineering Design Manager:
You are required to have a degree in an appropriate discipline and be a Chartered Engineer, or working towards registration as a Chartered Engineer, with a relevant professional engineering institution.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Job Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineering Manager, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management