Job Title: Electrical Vehicle Technician
Location: Walsall, UK - Onsite
Compensation: Salary up to £32,000 + £1,000 bonusRole Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50586
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us. We are currently hiring multiple Electrical Vehicle Technician candidates at our Walsall site.The role
As an Electrical Vehicle Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be part of a highly skilled team supporting customers including the police, fire, and ambulance service.
Day to day, you'll fit, repair, install and integrate enhanced electrical and electronic systems in motor vehicles.
Essential experience of the Electrical Vehicle Technician:
- Fault finding and rectification
- Design and develop electrical solutions for vehicles
- Take responsible care for Health & Safety in the workplace
The following is the preferred experience however, we are open to applicants from different industries.
- Experience with mains electricity and 12-volt vehicle conversion
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative, or as part of a team to achieve desired results
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work safely in an industrial environment
This role is full time based onsite at Walsall. This will be Monday - Friday with an early finish every Friday. Qualifications for the Electrical Vehicle Technician:
- NVQ level 2 in a relevant qualification (or proven automotive electrical experience)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve NVVP1 and SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Babcock delivers the design, manufacture and support of customised vehicles and protective solutions. Our customers include the emergency services, civil service, military, and other security focused organisations based in the UK and overseas.
Recently we were awarded a contract to support the British Army with electric vehicle conversion and trials, news that Top Gear shared on their website.
Due to this growth, we are expanding our team, so if you are interested in taking your career in an exciting new direction then consider Babcock for your next move. You will join a team of over 250 that are based at our Walsall site, ideally located five minutes off of the M6 and offers free employee parking.
Vehicle conversions can include mechanical, electrical, bodywork, fabrication, welding and painting, and there are full and part time opportunities available across these skillsets. Whilst relevant experience and qualifications is preferred, you will also be considered if you have a practical aptitude and some experience working on vehicles. Required workwear, safety equipment and training will be provided.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise. Join us and play your part in helping to create a safe and secure world, together. Job Segment:
Electrical, CSR, Technician, Engineering, Management, Technology