Our Client is looking for experienced Cyber Threat Analysts to join their fast-growing business which creates pioneering platforms to help their customers understand, analyse and mitigate their third party digital risk at scale.
You will be working with bleeding-edge technology to identify and analyse cybersecurity threats against major organisations - including critical national infrastructure. This is a chance to join a pioneering company in the third-party risk and Threat Intelligence space at a time of high growth and opportunity.
Note: due to the nature of the role, all candidates must be able to pass UK SC security clearance.
About the role
Reporting to Chief Operations Officer and working within their Labs team, this will initially be a hands-on role where you will be responsible for providing intelligent and complex analysis of relevant threats, vulnerabilities, campaigns, and incidents as discovered through intelligence data feeds, the Darkweb Platform and manual research. The analyst will publish timely and actionable alerts, analysis and threat reports to help customers prepare for and mitigate the cyber risk to their third parties.
The role also includes significant cyber intelligence research and analysis for the creation of new security tools, whitepapers and blog articles for publication.
- Perform open source threat identification and collection activities on deep, dark and open web to support analysis activities through manual analysis and other feeds.
- Provide subject matter expertise on actual or anticipated cyber-attacks taking place to assist customers in their proactive third party risk management, mitigation and control.
- Provide thorough assessments of existing and emerging cyber-attack tools, techniques and procedures such as new exploits, droppers, rats, obfuscation techniques and trojanised code.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats such as writing short blog articles, supporting technical research for white papers.
- Demonstrate and maintain mature OpSec in the application of technical tools and procedures for analysts and organisational safety, such as application of cryptographic tools, tor, secure deletion, separation of roles and infrastructure monitoring.
- Create written and verbal intelligence reports and summaries for customer and research articles.
- Develop and present key findings to senior technical and non-technical leadership.
- Establish and maintain links with other threat analysts within the cyber intelligence community.
You are fascinated by open-source cyber intelligence and are as comfortable on the dark web as the clear web. You have considerable understanding and experience with Linux and Open Source security tools. Preference is given for active open source committers or security tools writers in any language.
You are a strong communicator both written and verbally who would enjoy presenting research material both publicly and internally. You enjoy working across teams and can integrate well with developers for project based capability development.
- Be able to pass UK SC security clearance
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with Linux and Open-Source security tools.
- Experience in analysis of hacking tools, IOCs and threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Lateral thinking to identify new information sources for log capture and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex technical terms to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Please apply with CV.