This is an opportunity for a Communications Specialist to work within the public affairs department delivering multi-channel external communications for a high profile chemical manufacturing site in Fife.
The main role and responsibilities of the Communications Specialist will include but not be limited to:
- Lead the company's long-standing community contributions programme, engaging with local charities, community councils and groups to identify funding opportunities.
- Undertake administration of contributions programme.
- Work with colleagues to identify and promote STEM education activity with local schools.
- Identify, develop and deliver pro-active communications to improve insight and understanding of company operations.
- Analyse and communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Develop social media and web channels presence through use of engaging and informative imagery and copy.
- Write compelling copy for deployment across a range of digital and print channels.
- Develop short-life campaigns to support key issues e.g. recruitment.
- Liaise with media team to identify local communication opportunities and support development of relevant news releases.
- Coordinate development of photographic and video collateral.
- Engage with internal teams and monitor external activity to identify potential emerging issues.
- Respond to community enquiries and complaints.
Candidates should have demonstrable experience in communications, engagement and public affairs. You should have excellent writing skills and experience of story identification and development along with experience of digital communications including web and social media.
This role is Inside IR35. The rates advertised are PAYE.